Subject: Saving frames to Exabyte
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 20:39:18 CST

>From: [email-masked]
>Subject: RE: Film recording
>Date: Thu, 7 Jul 1994 8:06:09 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Chris;
>Do you (or anyone else that t might ) know the exact procedure to
>rendering out to an exabyte drive and then to an Abakas?
>
>Specifically, what programs on the Amiga are used to get the hi-res
>Lightwave files to the Exabyte ?
>
>I'm thinking about purchasing an Exabyte too...what model would I want and
>why?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Merle Ilgenfritz
>Wild Eyed Video
>North Kingstown, RI
>[email-masked]

It's easy - just buy the Exabyte driver from Elastic Reality, Inc. and install
it into Art Department Professional. It installs as a "loader" and "saver"
module in the AdPro software. You select to render files in the Abekas
resolution in Lightwave, out to your hard drive as usual, and then use AdPro to
save them from there out to the tape. The Abekas driver is around $150 I think.
The drive model is (I think) 8505. Capacity is 5 GB, 10 GB with hardware
compression turned on. Tapes are only about $15 or so, so while the drive is
over $2K, media is dirt cheap. You can also purchase a driver for the MAC to
read/write to the same format, so the drive can also be used to move a bunch of
gfx to/from MAC systems. We have a few clients happily using this setup.

   /////////////////////////////|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
  // John Crookshank            |        MicroTech Solutions, Inc.       \\
  \\ [email-masked]         |  BBS:708-851-3929   Voice:708-851-3033 //
   \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|/////////////////////////////////////////